Does this looks strange to you? The name Wannacry looks funny right? Hmm, it’s a dangerous malware that can make you cry if it hit your PC. It’s no more funny.
Now, this is to bring attention to you that a massive Ransomware attack which is the largest in history has hit over 230,000 computer across the world in 150 countries (Indians was hit massively) and the virus mainly targets window operating system. The attack started on Friday, 12 May 2017.
To know if a PC has been attacked by Ransomware Wannacry, all files, data, documents e.t.c will be locked or encrypted unless the owner of the PC pays a ransom which is money before he or she to access the files and the ransom is about 1000s of dollars and can be paid using cryptocurrency Bitcoin method.
The ransomware is named WannaCrpyt aka WannaCry. This attack hit almost all the UK hospitals and totally locked patients data and had leave up to 1000s patients untreated. The malware is spreading so fast.
Not only that, the attack also hit large organizations and they are; Renault, Telephonica, Germany railways, FedEx, Russian Central Bank and other several large companies in Spain got the malware.
How To Be Free From The Dangerous Ransomware WannaCry (WannaCrypt) Attack
- Avoid downloading unknown e-mail attachments.
- Avoid clicking on links from unknown source.
- Install effective antivirus software.
- Try to install the patch released by Windows for windows XP, 7 and Server 2008. You can download it by clicking here.
- Try to upgrade to the latest operating system of Windows 10 to be more safe and secure.
- If you have been attacked, you should use this decrypt code “WNcry@2ol7” without quote to decrypt it.
This was also the security measure NCC (Nigeria communication commision) brought out for Nigeria over security issue of the fast spreading cyber-attack going worldwide.
What do you have to say about the Ransomware WannaCry malware attack?