Are you surprised that an iPhone can brick? Yea! It’s rare but it can brick and crash just like the way Android does. It’s so excruciating seeing your phone bricked because it won’t be able to power ON anymore and the cause might be a corrupted software. That’s why I decided to write this article in other to help those who fall into this situation.
In this article, there are two or three methods to be used which are; performing a hard reset, the second method is restoring the device through iTunes because bricked iOS device gives an error message in iTunes and the third method is by doing a DFU restoration. Now let’s go.
1. How To Unbrick iOS Devices By Performing Hard Reset
- It’s simple and easy. Just hold the power button and the home button and wait for the iPhone to reboot.
- Then, you will see the Apple logo and it will automatically boot to iOS or ask you to plug into iTunes. After that, your phone has successfully entered recovery mode. Kindly connect to PC and open iTunes.
- After connecting your phone to your PC and has successfully launched iTunes, the next step is to click on RESTORE from the right-hand menu.
- Kindly CONFIRM any pop-up that follows and wait till the restoration is complete.
- Firstly, plug the iPhone to a PC and launch iTunes.
- Then, press and hold the volume key for some seconds. After that, release the power key and hold on to the home button until you receive a message saying “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”.
- Now free the home button and your device will go black. If it does not, kindly restart the process.