SD card or memory card do have a lot of problems, especially when files are being stored or saved on them. There are definite fix for “SD card errors” like Memory card formatted unexpectedly, Memory card not formatted, Unable to access your files on the SD card and much more.
Memory Card or SD card have become the most convenient mode for portable data storage devices. In fact, they are the primary source that makes the storage, portable in various devices such as smartphones, tablets, digital cameras, and many other devices.
How to know if your memory card is corrupted
- Most of the photos on your SD cards is missing.
- When you try to read the SD card through a system, no folder appears, or all the folders do not open and show error messages, ‘Read / Write error on SD card’ that indicates that it cannot read from the device.
- You are getting error messages saying that ‘memory card error‘ or ‘corrupt memory card‘ while trying to access your valuable photos or videos stored on the card.
- You can see the contents of your SD card in your camera as well as in your system, but unable to copy these contents and get an error message that disk is “write-protected.”
- Your SD card is recognized by your PC, but you are unable to see any stored photo or video, and it shows the message ‘SD card is not formatted do you want to format it now.
6 Fixes for corrupt SD card
Fix 1: Try to connect your SD card to some another device, as sometimes, few SD cards may show incompatibility to a certain device.
FIX 2: Type “chkdsk” followed by drive letter, colon and /f at the command prompt corresponding to that SD card and then press enter 64GB.
FIX 3: Assign a new drive letter to the connected card through your operating system (OS) settings if the card is unreadable by the system.
FIX 4: You can use Sandisk inbuilt solution, that might restore your deleted photos, videos or audios.
FIX 5: Unlock card switch if its write-protected, else format your card by a SD card formatter but do not forget to keep a backup copy.
This usually happens if you can read all the files but can’t save them, then your card might be in write protected mode. Unlock the switch to save or modify files on the card.
FIX 6: Try Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery Software as your 6th fix, if your card is corrupt.
Note: Also try the software if you have formatted your SD card or have accidentally deleted files and you want them back.
TIPS: If none of the methods above work, just download Icare data recovery from playstore on your PC and click on “DEEP SCAN” recovery to recover your files. As shown below: