Facebook is one of the best social medias in the whole world that offers many features as well. Yea! Everyone loves to use Facebook even companies advertise their products on Facebook but the Facebook app still consumes a lot of data which some people might always be afraid to use the app but prefers to use it on web version. Meanwhile, the more features added to Facebook app, the more it consumes a lot of data on Android and iOS devices.
Yea! Facebook launched Facebook litebut you still need some tips to limit the data usage in your Android and iOS devices in order to browse with a little amount of data not just by purchasing high volume of data everyday. So these tips will surely help you out and resolve the issue, if followed properly.
How To Limit Data Usage On iOS device
1. DISABLING AUTO-PLAY, HD VIDEOS AND PHOTOS: Disabling HD photo, video and auto-play is one of the best ways to limit the data usage on your iOS device. High definition (HD) photos and videos or automatic play are one of the things that consumes alot of data because, as the video plays automatically, your data will burn and zap. So to disable this, just go to menu button on the bottom right corner, then tap on SETTINGS>>ACCOUNT SETTINGS>VIDEOS and PHOTO and here, you can disable the HD photos and videos with the auto-play.
2. TURN OFF BACKGROUND APP REFRESHER – Disable Facebook refreshing on background because it consumes quite a lot of data especially on iOS devices, Facebook refreshes every time. So to disable this, just go to SETTINGS>> GENERAL>>BACKGROUND APP REFRESH and select Facebook to turn it off.
3. TURN OFF Wi-Fi ASSIST – This tip is to turn off “Wi-Fi assist” feature on your iOS device or iPads. This feature helps users to maintain a stable internet connection especially, when the Wi-Fi is not good enough as it will connect to your normal mobile data and maintain the connection. This can consume alot of data as well. Just go to SETTINGS>>MOBILE DATA and turn off WiFi assist.
So these tips will surely help you reduce your data usage and save data on your iOS device or iPads.
How To Limit Data Usage On Android Device
The tips for iOS devices and Android devices are almost same but advanced methods differ them.
1. DISABLING AUTO-PLAY, HD VIDEOS AND PHOTOS: You can limit data usage on your Facebook Android App from your settings. If your video automatically plays videos or you upload in HD (high definition) videos and photos, you should adjust your settings in order to consume less data when browsing or surfing the app. So to achieve this, just go to MENU>>APP SETTINGS and turn of upload HD videos and photos.
2. ENABLE DATA SAVER – You should enable Data saver mode on your Facebook Mobile app in order to save your data. Hmm some people might wonder if this feature is available on Facebook, yea! Is available. All you could do is to tap on MENU and scroll down to DATA SAVER then turn it on. So your data usage will be controlled but you should turn off upload HD videos and photos first before this can work.
3. USE THIRD-PARTY APP – You can use third-party recommended software or application to control the way you use your data or monitor and also to protect your personal information. Just go to MENU>>MOBILE DATA and tap on it to install the app on playstore.
4. USING FACEBOOK LITE APP – Another best method to limit data usage is by using Facebook lite app which is the slimmed-down of the standard or normal Facebook and it also possessed almost all the features of the real Facebook. You should use the Facebook lite, whenever you have network issues or to save data. You can download the Facebook Lite App by Clicking here. Meanwhile, is the small version of Facebook app.
So these are the methods to save or limit your data usage on Facebook App. You should make use of these methods, whenever you have network issues.
Is it helpful?
Subscribe to Prexblog.com - World of Instant Solution
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox, or send PREXBLOG to 40404 for updates