Have you been trying to root the Tecno Camon CX Air smartphone? The phone has a lot of quality specifications. Is an MTK6745 smartphone running on Android 7 Nougat and at the time of this post, we will be using SuperSU file for the root.
Tecno Camon CX Air smartphone uses 4G network, have 2GB RAM and 16GB inbuilt storage (128GB external storage), 5.5 IPS HD display and is powered by 3200mAh battery capacity.
How to root the Tecno Camon CX Air running on Android 7 Nougat
- Download Tecno Camon CX Air Philz recovery via here, and setup ADB and fastboot using the guide here.
- Extract and copy the Philz recovery. img into same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe.
- Unlock the bootloader of Tecno Camon CX Air using the guide here.
- Now, download SuperSU 2.76.zip by clicking here and copy it to both inbuilt storage and SDcard.
- Connect your USB cord to your PC while switched on and boot into fastboot as instructed in the bootloader guide and don’t forget to re-enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
- After the phone have entered fastboot, type and press enter after typing the command below to load Philz recovery to your phone.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Now, it will boot into Philz recovery mode and make sure to do a full backup (recommended).
- Select NO if Philz offers to root your phone and tap Install.
- Now, locate the SuperSU.zip on external storage and select it.
- Reboot your phone normally and confirm root by installing a root checker app.