Are you having problem setting up your new registered or purchased domain name on your blogger? If yes, you can now follow up this tutorial to setup your custom domain name on your blogger from any domain name registrars.
Google allows domain name verification to prove if you are the real owner of the domain name. You have to setup your cname and other records from your domain name registrar control panel. Meanwhile, it is not all domain name registrars that gives their users the privilege to have control over the domain control panel particularly smartweb.com.ng.
With this tutorial, you will be able to setup your domain name on your blogger from any domain name registrar website, whether you have access to the control panel or not. So let’s see how to verify or add custom domain names like .com, .net, .org or other top level, sub-domains and local domain names like .com.ng to blogger.
How To Add Custom Domain Name To Blogger From Godaddy, Namecheap And Other Domain Registrars With Control Panel
- Firstly, login to your blogger dashboard and tap on SETTINGS and go to BLOG ADDRESS then tap on ADD A THIRD PARTY URL.
- You can then type in your custom domain name which you want to connect with your blogger and SAVE.
- You will receive an error message with Google generated verification codes. Then miminize that tab on your browser and follow up this tutorial below on how to set it up on your domain control panel before you can fully add the domain name to your blogger.
- Firstly, login your Namecheap.com account and scroll down to your purchased domain name and tap on MANAGE.
- You can then tap on ADVANCED DNS and scroll down then click on ADD NEW RECORDS and set it up like this below;
You will need to create or add 6 RECORDS like this below;
Create four A RECORDS pointing to 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
Create CNAME pointing to WWW and ghs.google.com
As shown below;
- Then after adding the records. You will then go to your blogger then tap on SETTINGS then BLOG ADDRESS and tap on SAVE.
- You can now go back to your blog using that custom name and wow! You have successfully added your custom domain name to your blogger.
How To Add Custom Domain Name On Smartweb Or Other Domain Name Registrars Without Control Panel
This type of domain name registrars doesn’t allow their customers or users to access their control panel but rather do all settings by theirself. Meanwhile, their settings cannot really solve the issue or problems, you have to do it by yourself using this tutorial below.
I will use Smartweb domain name registrar in this tutorial to represent other domain name registrars that doesn’t have domain control panel for their users.
- Firstly, login your Smartweb.com.ng or any other domain name registrars website and tap on DOMAIN and click on MANAGE NAME SERVERS and use fns1.dnspark.net and fns2.dnspark.net as your nameservers and SAVE.
- Then go to Dnspark.com and sign up or sign in. Then tap on DNS at the menu bar and add your custom domain name.
- After that, you can then go to menu bar and tap on DNS to show your domain name, then tap on your domain name and you will be taken to where you will apply the RECORDS.
You will have to create 6 RECORDS like this below;
Create or Add four A RECORDS pointing to 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
Then create or add two CNAME RECORDS pointing to WWW and ghs.google.com
As shown below;
- Then you can now go back to your blogger dashboard and tap on SETTINGS then BLOG ADDRESS and type in your custom domain and finally SAVE.
Note: It will propagate which means it will reflect within 12hours and make sure you redirect your blog from WWW to normal domain name.
Is it helpful? Do you encounter any problems or issues while trying to set this up, kindly ask more questions and if it works for you, kindly share your experience!