Fix that overlay issue today. Screen overlay issue is one of the frequent issue many android users experience and it’s caused by the settings activated on the smartphone applications.
It occurs when you activate an Android app to appear on top of another app. For example, chat head on Facebook messenger. When a Facebook user using Messenger send a message, it appears to the other user by popping out covering other apps. So, if the other app is being covered, it displays screen overlay requesting to turn it off.
There are many apps that uses screen overlay, they are: Clean Master, AZ Screen Recorder, Whatsapp Popups, Popup Notification of Inbox Messages, Chat Head of Facebook Messenger and lots more.
In the other hand, screen overlay is caused when manually accepting permission from an app like (contacts, phones, camera…) and screen overlay is turn on, it will cause screen overlay issue which will stop you from accessing other applications like WhatsApp, phone gallery and lots more. So, in this tutorial, you will learn ways on how to turn off screen overlay from your Android device.
How To Turn Off Screen Overlay on Android Device
- Go to “Settings” from your phone.
- Tap on “Apps” in the options.
- Tap on the gear or settings icon on the right-upper corner side.
- Choose “Draw over other apps” in the options.
- You will see a list of your apps and tap on the “Three-dotted” menu and tap on “Show system” to bring out all hidden apps.
- Finally, tap on all the applications and turn off “Permit draw over other apps” on all the apps or locate the app causing the screen overlay and toggle it off.
This solution mainly solve it.
- Go to “Settings” and tap on “Apps“.
- Tap on the Three-dotted menu at the right upper corner and tap on “Reset preferences “.
Is it helpful? Encounter any issue? Drop questions below and if it works for you, kindly share your experience!