It's obvious that all social media giants are aiming at saving user's space and data by releasing the lighter version of their app. Facebook Lite came into light in 2015, followed by Twitter lite and now, Instagram has released the slimmed down version of their app, called the "Instagram Lite" app.
Instagram is a very popular app where you can share your photos and videos. The Lite version, however, lacks some of the features of the original app, but user experience still remain neat and intact.
Users still have the ability to watch and post Stories, follow and be unfollowed. All the filers and curated stream of photos.
Features removed from the app are search tabs, search engine suggestions and inability to receive Direct messages. The new IGTV feature is not available as well i.e verified users can not post 60 minutes videos.
The Like tab that shows how many people engaged to your post is missing and you don't have the ability to create collections of Stories or rewatch old posted ones.
Features of Instagram Lite (by playstore)
Specifically, you can use Instagram Lite to:
• Post photos you want to keep on your profile grid and edit them with filters.
• Share multiple photos to your story. Bring them to life with text. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
• Watch stories from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
• Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
• Coming soon, you will be able to message friends and share videos as well.
Where to download Instagram Lite
What's your say concerning the arrival of the Instagram Lite?
Subscribe to Prexblog.com - World of Instant Solution
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox, or send PREXBLOG to 40404 for updates