After much anticipation, OnePlus has start rolling out Android 8 Oreo to their OnePlus 5 smartphones. The update has brought a lot of exclusive changes and it came as part of their OxygenOS 5.0 update.
In summary, the Android 8.0 Oreo brings improvements to the UI launcher, optimization to image quality, Parallel apps features, New design for quick settings, updated camera app UI, new design for lift-up display and many more.
The features Android 8 Oreo brings to OnePlus 5
- Optimizations for Shelf.
- Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus.
- New Camera UI design.
- Optimizations for photo quality.
- Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode.
- Added “Places” tab for viewing photos on a map.
- Added history feature.
- Added alarm calendar feature.
- Added Parallel Apps feature.
- New design for Quick Settings.
- New design for Lift up display.
- Added “Adaptive model” screen calibration.
- Optimizations for Wi-Fi.
- Optimizations for Battery Saver.
- Updated Android security patch to December.
How to Upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo on OnePlus 5 Smartphone
Without ROM File
Go to Settings>>About Us>>System upgrade and do the upgrade but make sure you have enough battery and you have no root in your phone.
With ROM File
Download the OnePlus Android 8.0 Oreo Full ROM file via here. You can then flash or install it into your phone.