Many people have upgraded their phone to Android 7 Nougat especially now that most phones manufacturer, promised to roll the version out to all phones. Moreover, many people falls in one problem and the other, from the upgraded Android operating system (Nougat) because new updates are yet to come out to give solution to these problems.
In this article, if you have upgraded to the latest Android 7 Nougat and still face any issue, you can use any of these ten provided solutions because it’s the common problem currently affecting all Nougat users.
Common Problems Associated With Android 7 Nougat And Solutions
1. Battery Drain – Is so frustrating when you have successfully upgraded to Nougat that’s meant to optimize battery capacity but later found out that is the main cause of your battery drainage. It seems counter-intuitive! Do not worry, there is a solution!
Solution: After you have upgraded to Nougat, just go to playstore and upgrade all your apps to be compatible with the latest Nougat operating system. After that, clear your apps caches and data by going to Settings>>Storage And USB>>Cached data, and tap OK to clear all your apps caches instantly. If the problem still persist, kindly factory reset your smartphone after backup.
2. Nougat Installation Problems – Having problem installing Nougat update on your smartphone? The problem is over! Kindly make sure you have data or connect to a Wi-Fi stable network and go to Settings>>About us>>System update to upgrade.
After installation, the phone will reboot and will be exceptionally slow but do not worry, just wait patiently for it to reboot. If it mistakenly hang when rebooting, kindly wipe the system in recovery mode by rebooting into the recovery mode (Hold power + volume down button) and navigate down to select to “Wipe System Cache Partition” using power button. Now, reboot the phone and restart the update. If it fails, go for factory reset and remember to backup your data first.
3. Nougat Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems – If your Wi-Fi has gotten noticeably spottier since installing Android Nougat, you can try turning off your Wi-Fi and reconnect. If that doesn’t work, turn off your Wi-Fi and reboot your phone. If that doesn’t work, go to Settings>>Backup and reset>>Network settings reset.
4. Nougat Bluetooth Connectivity Problems – Bluetooth problems are pesky and annoying because is sometimes hard to pin down their cause. If your Bluetooth have been experiencing some issues since you upgrade to Nougat, you can resolve it using this tips.
Solution: Firstly, turn the Bluetooth off and on again. If it doesn’t work, forget the connection that’s causing you trouble and connect again. If it still doesn’t work, boot into safe mode so that third-party apps won’t interfere with it and finally, check up the app causing the issue rather than the updated OS itself.
5. Nougat GPS Issues – Since the Nougat update began to roll out, users have been complaining about the GPS issues. To fix this problem, turn off GPS and turn on, to get a fresh connection. If that doesn’t work, kindly restart your phone. If it still not work, go to Settings>>Apps and clear the GPS cache and data.
6. Nougat Random Rebooting Problems – After upgrade, if you are facing the random reboot issue, you are not alone. Many users faced this a lot. All you have to do, is to restart your device and if it doesn’t work, just clear your phone caches and Data.
7. Nougat Black Screen Issues – Some Nougat users especially those using galaxy S7, have been getting a black screen on their phone. This bug was also present on Android marshmallow which usually leads to unresponsive black screen display.
Solution – Try rebooting into recovery mode by holding down the power, volume up and home buttons at once. You’ll see your manufacturer’s logo pop up and then from the recovery menu you can use the volume up button to select Reboot system and press the power button to reboot the phone.
8. Nougat Audio Issues – If you are experiencing this issue after an upgrade, try restarting the device. Do not also forget to check your speaker grilles, if they are clear and clean. If the problem is coming from an app, try updating that app.
9. Nougat App Crashing And Instability – After upgrade and you are experiencing app crashes – your app closes automatically. You should go to playstore and upgrade all your apps to the latest version in order to be compatible with the operating system. You can also clear cache and data to clean leftover data. If it still persist, try updating the problematic app.
10. Nougat Not Connecting To PC – If you are having USB connectivity issue while trying to connect to your PC or other gadgets, it’s because you haven’t set the options because the default option is on “USB charging mode” which means you can’t see file when plugged to the PC.
Solution – When you connect your phone to a PC, a pop-up notification will appear telling you “Connected for charging”, tap this and you would see a number of options to select, and select depending on your choice.
Following all this tips will solve your Nougat problems in all your day to day activities. It will be very good to bookmark this page on your browser and as well, share to your friends and colleagues.
What other issues are you experiencing on your Nougat operating system?