Many people smartphone supports OTG cables but they don’t actually know the uses of that invention. OTG (On The Go) also known as USB OTG is one of the coolest integrated technology that comes with smartphones device. In fact, is one of the most important invention in a smartphone.
USB (USB On-The-Go) enables smartphone functionality and it also enables two users devices to communicate. Many OTG users, uses the feature for data transfer between their devices and an storage unit but the features are beyond that because it is equipped with a lot of quality features that will be revealed here in this article.
- Read Also: Solutions To Fix Slow Charging On Smartphone
10 Cool Uses Of OTG (On-The-Go) Cable
1. Connecting As A Game Controller: This feature is essential to game lovers. OTG cable can be connected to game controller in order to enjoy better gaming experience such as PPSSPP Games and others. Meanwhile, most Android games supports the use of an external gamepad and with OTG cable, you will be able to connect an external gamepad to your device.
2. Charging Your Smartphone With Another Device: This is one of the most desirable feature you could option in for OTG cable. You will be able to charge your phone from another phone using an OTG cable especially when light is bad or epileptic in your area.
3. Connect A Potable Hard Drive: This is the most used feature from OTG cable known as data transfer as you will simply plug the external storage drive (Thumbdrive, hard disk e.t.c) into the secondary port of the cable and its contents will be displayed instantly on your smartphone which will allow you transfer data like musics, videos and others from both devices.
4. Connect To A Camera: If you are a photographer, you can connect your camera to your smartphone using OTG cable. Cameras that are digital are also supported and compatible for sharing of files as well.
5. Connect To A LAN (Local area network) Cable: If you have no Wi-Fi router but have a broadband network, the OTG cable will be very helpful at this time. Simply, go get a LAN to USB controller and connect it. Wow! You can now make use of your broadband internet on your smartphone directly.
6. Connect To A Keyboard: With USB OTG cable, connecting for data transfer is easy. Now, you can connect your OTG cable with your smartphone keyboard using Android’s built-in settings for external controllers.
7. Connect To A Microphone Or Sound Card: If your Audio jack is no more functioning, you can connect a sound card to your smartphone with the help of an OTG cable. You can also connect a microphone to your smartphone to deliver high-quality recording only if your phone microphone is not sufficient.
8. Connect To A USB Mouse: If your smartphone has screen problem like calibration issue, you should connect your device to a mouse with the help of an OTG cable to enjoy your best experience operating your phone.
9. Connect To A USB Fan: There are sometimes when you use your phone alot or when it suddenly gets hot, you can connect an OTG cable to your USB fan to cool it down.
10. Connect To A USB Light: An OTG (On-The-Go) can also be use for connecting a USB LED lamp for lightening purpose in case of a blackout or photoshoot.
Now, I hope you have seen some of the uses of OTG cable (On-The-Go) features? It possessed awesome features and if your phone supports it, be grateful and apply all these features as you will enjoy your smartphone in daily basis.
Do your smartphone supports OTG cable? What specific feature do you carry out with the OTG cable?