There are many things that kills phone especially when is new because there are some features you will misuse from the beginning that will have adverse effect on the phone in the future.
Are you thinking of buying a new smartphone or peradventure, you just got a new Android smartphone and you are probably wondering what next?
You might have unboxed a new Android smartphone but do not be too excited to start using the phone, you have many things to carry out before diving right into it. These things will be cleared in this article.
1. Charge The New Android Smartphone: I noticed some people behaviour, who newly buy a new smartphone and first thing, is to start making use of it because of the reserve battery or probably, over excitement.
Wait, hold your fire! If you aim to get a good battery life on your Android smartphone, the first thing to do, is to charge your phone completely full with a normal power supply not a generator.
2. Add Your E-mail Account: Having charged the device, you are are at the point, ready to fire. You can go ahead and fire but switching on the device for the first time, you will be presented with a wizard. The wizard set up is to help you set up your new Android smartphone as a first timer.
In the set up, you will likely be asked to add your gmail account and if you don’t have, you can go ahead and create one. Input the account because there are lot of benefits it gives. You can use it to backup your files, open playstore, receive mail, send mail, and in opening of some other Google apps.
3. Set A Password: If you are the type that does not like setting up password on your phone, it’s necessary you start making use of the feature. It saves files, prevent unauthorized access to your private files and makes your files not to be vulnerable to anyone.
If having to input password is a bit of issue to you, you can make use of fingerprint. Most smartphones released in 2017 have fingerprint sensor and unlocks within 0.1 seconds and 0.3 seconds. Faster than the time used in typing password.
4. Allow Installation Of Files From Unknown Source: This is one of the protections Google sets to prevent your smartphone from installing files from third-party sites in order to prevent your phone from installing malware and virus. By default, an Android phone is not allowed to download apps from unknown sources. Hence, downloading apps from unknown sources would work but installation of the apps won’t work.
However, this can be a barrier if essential app is not available on playstore and you needed to install from a third-party site. Or perhaps, you need some friend’s apps via Xender – file sharing app.
To enable this, just go to Settings>>Security>>Toggle on the unknown sources ON.
5. Deactivate Auto-Update Of Apps: If you are the type that uses unlimited WiFi connection, you can simply skip this. But if you are the type that uses limited data plan or from a friend’s WiFi hotspot, you can go ahead and turn off Auto-update on playstore.
By default, Google playstore apps are set to Auto-update whenever there is data or WiFi connection available. As we all know that connecting to WiFi network in Nigeria without password is on the minimal.
Now, to deactivate Auto-update of apps on your Android smartphone, just navigate to playstore app, tap on the menu bar, tap on Settings, select Auto-update of apps and choose Do not Auto-update apps.
I know these tips will surely help you more than even the wizard setup that usually present itself to first timer. You will be able to use your battery for a long time when you fully charge with a good power supply, setting up password enables you to prevent your files from unauthorized access, adding e-mail will help you to backup many files when the phone gets lost and is very necessary to Android users in opening Google apps, deactivating Auto-update will help you from unnecessary use of your limited data and allowing unknown sources will allow you to download and install files from unknown sources.
Helpful? Kindly contribute to these, in the comment section below and share your experience if it works for you!
Subscribe to Prexblog.com - World of Instant Solution
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox, or send PREXBLOG to 40404 for updates