To spot a fake smartphone is something a person who is planning to get a smartphone should know. The major problem that many top manufacturers are encountering is the cloning of their brands. Despite the painstaking efforts to make cloning difficult but the trends still continues.
Counterfeiters are always at work faking this brands that’s why is hard for users to differentiate between counterfeits and original phones.
In this article, you will be shown the obvious ways to spot a fake smartphone to prevent you from being a victim.
1. LOOK AT THE WIRE AND PLUGS: The quality of a wire and plugs are sign of a counterfeit product. If is fake, you will see loose parts but if is original, a plugged-in cable will sit firmly and evenly.
2. PACKAGING: Always take a close look at the package, paying attention to the print quality ensuring consistency because counterfeiters are sometimes careless in packaging their product, while the real phone makers will always take care of the design and package of even the smaller details of their own goods. Additionally, ensure nothing is loose inside.
3. LOOK AT THE FONTS: This is another way to spot a fake smartphone. The fonts and symbols on the gadget must be similar, regular and readable. If this is not the case, it means the phone is fake and counterfeit.
4. CHECK USER MANUAL: This is another easiest way to spot a fake or cloned smartphone. Every relevant information about the device must be there in the language of country of purchase. If written in another language that you cannot read, then it is a cloned brand.
5. PAY ATTENTION TO THE MATERIAL: Paying attention to a smartphone material is also good in detecting its authenticity. Material used in making smartphone can be either high or low quality. Popular brands don’t cut back on material. Make sure the plastic covering the phone must be smooth without creases.
These are the easiest ways to spot and know a fake smartphone. Knowing cloned brands prevents you from fallen a victim. Additionally, you can detect a fake smartphone by dialling *#06# to check the IMEI if it starts with “35” digits.
Helpful? You can also add the best way you used in spotting fake smartphones in the comment system below.